This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by WilliG 11 months, 1 week ago.
- September 26, 2016 at 4:40 pm #30500
Hi! We were thinking about doing a trip to Italy this summer. The thought was to fly into Milan, then work our way south through Venice, Rome, Florence, etc. and then flying out of Rome or Naples. We had also considered flying from there to Barcelona, and seeing Barcelona and Madrid before heading home from Barcelona.
1. Is that a good route through Italy? Should we rent a car or go by train?
2. Do you know if Rome or Naples would be a better place to leave from?
3. Is Barcelona and Madrid a good idea? If so, would you recommend getting from Barcelona to Madrid and back by car or train/some other method.
Thanks so much!
- October 20, 2016 at 1:47 am #30981
Italy and Spain are amazing country. I think if you rent a car you’ll see more interesting places. I want to move to Madrid next year. I’ve already started to learn Spanish with the native speaker and I’ve already started preparing all required docs here. Barcelona with its weird and wonderful buildings worth visiting also.
- December 15, 2016 at 11:44 am #32752
1. I always prefer train for the price, and its so scenic, you can just sit back and relax 😉
2. Rome is a much bigger airport and odds are you’ll find more choices and better pricing flying in or out of Rome.
3. Definitely! I’d recommend flying into Barcelona because the airport is bigger, and then taking the train to Madrid!
Safe travels xx
- May 17, 2018 at 6:01 am #47150
flying into Milan (also, do they have good “budget, consignment type boutiques?) and will travel mostly Northern Italy,
not going quite as far as Rome. Very torn on two points: Just a backback and use trains/buses or rent a car and bring small
suitcase (no checking). I am 60 and daughter 22 so i hope a backpack won’t be terrible for only two weeks for me.
Note: i am in pretty good shape! Help, leaving in two weeks!
- August 6, 2018 at 9:00 am #53781
Italy is beautiful but Barcelona is my fav city. I visited it twice. I’m planning to spend there my summer vacation.
- August 7, 2018 at 12:56 am #53808
That’s true, Barcelona is so beautifyl city. I visited it this summer too. We found one great rental service at vesping.com and rented a scooter for a few days at affordable price. That’s the best way to experience the city in your own way.