Home Forums Destination Specific Travel Questions Croatia Travel Tips & Questions Transportation for a Week in Croatia

• Author

Hi!

My mom and I are planning a Eurotrip this summer and are spending a week in Croatia in mid-June. We’re looking to see as much as we can of the amazing coastline on a budget. Would it be worth it to rent a car for the week, or is it effective and cheap enough to rely on public transportation? Within the cities themselves we’re definitely not afraid of getting around on foot as much as possible 😉

Thanks!

• KellyGrin

As for me, I hate public transport so I think it’s better and more reliable to rent a car. I’m also going to spend my vacation in Croatia this summer. I’ve already found the first class tickets here https://www.iflyfirstclass.com/country/to-croatia for a great price. Want to visit hip Uje, a restaurant and wine bar that lies within the old palace boundaries.

• Kiersten Rich
    Keymaster

Hi Carolina,

That sounds like an awesome trip with your mom! The only thing to consider when renting a car in Croatia is that most of their roads are toll roads and those fees do add up. Be sure to do some research on your routes and see if the costs would make more sense than public transportation 🙂

Reply To: Transportation for a Week in Croatia
Your information: