Home Forums Student Travel Studying Abroad Study Abroad Program Recommendations

• Author

Hi there,

I’m looking to study abroad my freshman or sophomore year of college for a semester. I am planning on enrolling in community college after I graduate high school so I would need to enroll in a program. I’ve read about many programs online (EF, AIFS, ect.) but do you have a recommendation of one? I’ve worked with EF before and loved their programs but they only would give me one language credit for a semester abroad. Then again, I would rather be with a program I know will take good care of me especially being over seas.

I don’t have a set location for sure where I want to travel but I’m considering Australia, London, Austria or Nice, France. If you have any recommendations on countries as well that would be amazing.

I appreciate the help!

• Kiersten Rich
    Keymaster

Hey Kat!

If I could go back to my college years I would probably have enrolled in the ‘Semester at Sea’ program because I think the layout and set up is amazing option for students. However, I personally did an intensive Spanish language study abroad program through a local community college (even though I wasn’t a student there) to get college credit and save money at the same time.

There are a tons of programs out there, but I would check with your college first and see what connections they have before going for one of the bigger programs out there- mainly because they tend to be more expensive.

Hope that helps, and safe travels! xx

Reply To: Study Abroad Program Recommendations
Your information: