Home Forums Travel Blogging Making Money with a Travel Blog How I make money with my blog

Tagged: 

• Author
    Keymaster

I make a full-time income with this blog through various forms of brand collaborations, content creation, affiliate marketing and consulting.

My Tips for Making Money with a Travel Blog:

Attend TBEX: A top travel blogging conference to network with industry professionals and travel bloggers

Sign up for Travel Blog Success: A 1000+ member community of travel bloggers where you’ll learn how to make money with a travel blog

Get Blog Mentorship: My personal blog mentorship program, where you’ll learn the ins and outs of WordPress blogging, branding and social media strategy.

Amazon Affiliates: Recommend products on Amazon to your readers and earn a commission on sales

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Kiersten Rich.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Kiersten Rich.
  • Leanne

Do you get paid to blog? Are there options that do that?

• Kiersten Rich
      Keymaster

Hey Leanne!

Yes I get paid to blog, but it’s not quite so black and white. I make money through partnerships, forms of advertising and also lifestyle marketing. I recommend signing up for Travel Blog Success to learn about the ins and outs of blogging because it is quite complex when you want to monetize.

Once you’ve built up a readership, there are various way to monetize a blog including affiliate sales and partnering with destinations on campaigns.

• Carl Harrison

Hi Kiersten,

Carl from the UK here

Love your blog … though I would like to see you in the more obscure places in future, sure you have that in mind. There’s big gaps in your map for Africa and South America 😉

Anyway, my social blog is very much in its infancy and with all the reading I have done, many people say you shouldn’t start laying adverts on immediately … but my problem is, I find it doesn’t look as professional WITHOUT adverts on. Am I being stupid or Have I been conditioned by marketing so much that I can’t possibly imagine a blog without forms of advertising?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks
    Carl

• Lisa

Hi Kiersten,

I’ve been mulling over the idea of getting into travel blogging for awhile now, since I love to travel and also love to write. But I don’t know how I can afford to start. You have awesome tips on making money and saving money for travel, but how did you manage the full-time travel in the beginning when your blog was in its fledgling stages? Maybe you were luckier than most, but I think that it can take months, even up to a year to start really making good enough money to live off of blog profits. Did you just have a lot of savings to begin with or did you start working on your blog before you had quit your previous full-time job? Or did your blog turn a good profit from the start? I really love reading your posts! The pictures are beautiful and your writing is very approachable and friendly.

Thanks!
    Lisa

• Kiersten Rich
      Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

So sorry for the delay in answering your questions!

It actually took me over 2 years to create a profit from my blog, and about three years to get to where I could live off of my blog’s income. I didn’t travel full time when I was just starting out– I was working small jobs between travels in the beginning, and I made a conscious decision to cut back my spending in major ways!

• Nina

Hi Kirtsen,

Love your blog!! I am following your thailand island hopping guide in 2 weeks time 😉

Do you think Adsense is misleading in that it impossible to earn a living from only adsense ads on your site or would you say a good proportion comes from that source alone?

Nina

Reply To: How I make money with my blog
Your information: