Home Forums Travel Blogging Making Money with a Travel Blog How I make money with my blog

Tagged: 

• Author
    Keymaster

I make a full-time income with this blog through various forms of brand collaborations, content creation, affiliate marketing and consulting.

My Tips for Making Money with a Travel Blog:

Attend TBEX: A top travel blogging conference to network with industry professionals and travel bloggers

Sign up for Travel Blog Success: A 1000+ member community of travel bloggers where you’ll learn how to make money with a travel blog

Get Blog Mentorship: My personal blog mentorship program, where you’ll learn the ins and outs of WordPress blogging, branding and social media strategy.

Amazon Affiliates: Recommend products on Amazon to your readers and earn a commission on sales

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Kiersten Rich.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Kiersten Rich.
  • Leanne

Do you get paid to blog? Are there options that do that?

• Kiersten Rich
      Keymaster

Hey Leanne!

Yes I get paid to blog, but it’s not quite so black and white. I make money through partnerships, forms of advertising and also lifestyle marketing. I recommend signing up for Travel Blog Success to learn about the ins and outs of blogging because it is quite complex when you want to monetize.

Once you’ve built up a readership, there are various way to monetize a blog including affiliate sales and partnering with destinations on campaigns.

• Carl Harrison

Hi Kiersten,

Carl from the UK here

Love your blog … though I would like to see you in the more obscure places in future, sure you have that in mind. There’s big gaps in your map for Africa and South America 😉

Anyway, my social blog is very much in its infancy and with all the reading I have done, many people say you shouldn’t start laying adverts on immediately … but my problem is, I find it doesn’t look as professional WITHOUT adverts on. Am I being stupid or Have I been conditioned by marketing so much that I can’t possibly imagine a blog without forms of advertising?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks
    Carl

• Lisa

Hi Kiersten,

I’ve been mulling over the idea of getting into travel blogging for awhile now, since I love to travel and also love to write. But I don’t know how I can afford to start. You have awesome tips on making money and saving money for travel, but how did you manage the full-time travel in the beginning when your blog was in its fledgling stages? Maybe you were luckier than most, but I think that it can take months, even up to a year to start really making good enough money to live off of blog profits. Did you just have a lot of savings to begin with or did you start working on your blog before you had quit your previous full-time job? Or did your blog turn a good profit from the start? I really love reading your posts! The pictures are beautiful and your writing is very approachable and friendly.

Thanks!
    Lisa

• Kiersten Rich
      Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

So sorry for the delay in answering your questions!

It actually took me over 2 years to create a profit from my blog, and about three years to get to where I could live off of my blog’s income. I didn’t travel full time when I was just starting out– I was working small jobs between travels in the beginning, and I made a conscious decision to cut back my spending in major ways!

• Nina

Hi Kirtsen,

Love your blog!! I am following your thailand island hopping guide in 2 weeks time 😉

Do you think Adsense is misleading in that it impossible to earn a living from only adsense ads on your site or would you say a good proportion comes from that source alone?

Nina

• Sophia

Hi Kiersten! This is so interesting, I hadn’t thought about the possibility of making a living out of blogging but what an amazing job it must be! I was wondering if you’d recommend using AdSense at all? I’m currently looking into ways to grow my blog at the moment as I’m so passionate about what I’m writing about! Love, Sophia x

Reply To: How I make money with my blog
Your information: