Home Forums Packing Tips & Guides Packing for 2 to Japan

• Author

Hello, stumbled upon your blog and absolutely love it!

I have a question in regards to your travels to Japan. Did you stay in the hostels? If so, did you feel it was safe enough to leave your main luggage behind while you explored during the day, with your smaller day bag?

My boyfriend and I are planning to go March/April for 17 days and I suggested we take one small suitcase to hold our clothes/toiletries while using a smaller day bag for day exploring (carrying our passport and other important papers with us at all times), seeing as we could leave our main luggage behind at the hostel during the day. He is insistent we each have our own large backpacking backpack that we take with us everywhere we go, carrying everything with us at all times.

What worked for you? Thank you for your time.

• Kiersten Rich
    Keymaster

Hi Samantha!

I stayed in an Airbnb but most hostels have lockers where you can lock up your stuff while you’re away. I wouldn’t recommend carrying everything with you, as it may take away from you experience and become a bit of a hassle.

I think a suitcase and day bag each is pretty reasonable 🙂 Just check your hostels reviews and if they offer lockers before booking! xx

Reply To: Packing for 2 to Japan
Your information: