• Author

I am looking to do some budget travelling through Europe at some point and I have found that the cheapest way to travel is via train. It is very cheap about £15 pp to travel from capital-capital. From Brussels to Amsterdam it is £12.50. I am also planning to stay in youth hostels, some of them are about £15 a night, however I am planning to work in the Youth Hostels that I stay in so I can get money whilst travelling.I am planning to spend as little money as possible by going on free walking tours through the cities, and see what free things the city has to offer. I am also planning on mingling in with the culture around me and making as many life long friends as possible on my route. My route is: Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Košice, Budapest, Belgrade, Sarajevo, Pula, Trieste, Venice, Milan, Zürich, Bern, Lyon and Tours. Any feedback or advice much appreciated!

• Kiersten Rich
    Keymaster

Hi Katie,

I think that is a great plan! Definitely agree that trains and hostels are the way to go for budget traveling.

I have city guides and tips for some of the cities you’ve mentioned that I hope will provide some insight and things to do as well! If you haven’t seen this post, check it out: http://theblondeabroad.com/2016/09/07/7-budget-travel-tips-for-student-travelers/

Safe travels! xx

Reply To: budget travel
Your information: