Where I wore it: Wadi Rum, Jordan
One of the biggest misconceptions of travel is that you have to completely change your personal style to be practical. I’m here to blow that out of the water. Just because you plan an international adventure doesn’t mean you need to go buy a whole new wardrobe from REI.
Travel with the essentials:
- A cargo jacket
- Black Wunder Under Lululemon leggings
- A basic black tanktop
- Patterned silk scarf
Some important details that make this outfit work:
- Ankle boots dress up a very basic outfit without being overly dressy. (Don’t travel in heels. Your feet will thank you.)
- Choose a scarf with a pattern that ties in the tan of the boots.
- Pair with a colored jacket to break up the black outfit.
- I wear a loose fitting tanktop with this outfit. It slims your legs and is more comfortable for a long flight.
- Invest in a great pair of leggings. Lululemons are thick enough to wear alone as pants and are made from comfortable and quality fabric. (Plus, they make your ass look amazing.)
- Invest in a flattering jacket. This jacket falls to about mid-hip and has a drawstring waist. It lengthens your midsection and gives you a figure.
You can swap the scarves and shoes and achieve an entirely different look. For example, you could wear your Nike trainers and you’re ready for a run. Essentially, these are workout pants with a cotton tanktop. You could go from travel chic to adventure-ready simply by changing out your shoes.
It’s chic. It’s adventure-proof. It’s not North Face.
Huge thanks to photography by: